Collaborate with GSK drug discovery scientists.
Your idea. Our resources.
Do you have a drug discovery concept? Are you a principal investigator affiliated with a research institution, college or university within a 50-mile radius of the GSK Medicines Research Centre at Stevenage (51.883895°, -0.198955°)? Are you excited about partnering with a leading pharmaceutical company to translate your novel science into a new medicine? Are you interested in screening a large library of small molecules against your therapeutic target of interest?
If so, the Discovery Fast Track Challenge is right for you.
A winning concept.
Tell us about your drug target, therapeutic hypothesis, and novel medicine vision. Our expert panel of judges will evaluate each submission, selecting up to 3 winners from within the 50-mile radius of the GSK Medicines Research Centre at Stevenage (51.883895°, -0.198955°). If your concept is chosen, a team of GSK scientists will collaborate with you to screen your target. You will have the opportunity to work in GSK’s laboratories alongside local drug discovery experts to enable your target to be screened against the GSK compound collections. We will share key results from the screen with the goal of providing you with high-quality chemical tools to allow further exploration of the target towards a potential new medicine. In addition, if successful, you could pursue promising results in collaboration with our Discovery Partnerships with Academia (DPAc) team.
Winners will benefit in multiple ways:
- We will screen your target against the GSK compound collections using the most appropriate technologies to discover active compounds.
- Opportunity for you to work on your target alongside local drug discovery experts at the GSK Medicines Research Centre at Stevenage.
- We will work with you to triage and interpret the data output and confirm activity on the target.
- We may provide chemical structures of selected chemical probe(s) to help further your research and potentially lead to high-impact publications (subject to structures being identified and to GSK’s existing internal and external obligations).¹
- Promising results may lead to an opportunity for you and your institution to collaborate with the Discovery Partnerships with Academia (DPAc) team to create a novel medicine.
To get started, create your Discovery Fast Track account.
¹ Subject to GSK's ‘existing internal and external obligations’ means that GSK has no other GSK R&D programmes working on the compound and that the compound is not bound by an external collaboration agreement between GSK and a third party, whereby GSK is not permitted to transfer or relinquish these compounds.